This is the fifth post in our working remotely blog series. Follow us on LinkedIn to ensure you’re alerted to our next post.
- 8 Ways to Keep Connected with Virtual Team Building
- 10 Tips for Collaborating Better with Teams (Plus How to Get Microsoft Teams for Free!)
- 5 Tips for Ensuring Your Infrastructure is Remote-Ready
- Working Remotely During Challenging Times
Many organizations aren’t aware of all the modern security and collaboration benefits available to them with their current Microsoft 365 licensing.
This means many businesses are paying for some amazing features that they have yet to unlock.
Here are just a few of the things you may be able to take advantage of with no added cost:
- Ensuring your data and remote devices have as much protection as they would have if they were on-premises
- Replacing outdated file sharing methods like on-premise network folders, email attachments, unmanaged third-party apps with a vastly more secure and collaborative tool (Microsoft Teams).
- Protecting cloud data while ensuring easy employee access to needed information
Let’s dig a little deeper into how these modern Microsoft features can benefit your business…
Remote Endpoint Management And Protection
With the current COVID-19 events you may be concerned about managing and monitoring your endpoints while users are working from home.
With features you may already be paying for with Microsoft 365 we can ensure your data and remote devices have as much protection as they would have if they were on-premises.
A few examples of these methods include:
- Multi-Factor Authentication
- Automated network protection for cloud apps
- Built-in DLP capabilities
- Insider Risk Management (I.e. protects against things like internal theft of company data data and monitors employee to employee harassment/bullying)
- And many more!
Interested in learning more? Check out this very timely article from Microsoft’s security team on alternative ways for security professionals achieve modern security today’s unique remote work scenario.
Collaboration Is KING
Is your organization reliant on any of the following file sharing or collaboration methods?
- On-premises File Sharing (i.e. Network Folders)
- Sharing and Collaborating by Emailing Files
- Using Unmanaged Third-Party Apps (i.e. Dropbox, Google Docs, or Google Drive)
- Non-Integrated Messaging Systems
If so, it is time to plan a shift from aging technology to a more modern workplace – especially in today’s remote-working world.
HMB can help you review your current licensing and outline in a roadmap on how to best migrate your company’s current file sharing method to Microsoft Teams, OneDrive or SharePoint.
We will help you and your users:
- Understand the benefits and ease of collaborating in Microsoft Teams
- Work within files (risk-free) at the same time
- Learn how to keep version history and conversations in channels that relate to your current task or project
If you’ve been on the fence about making the jump to Microsoft Teams, now is a great time to take the plunge.
Even if your current Microsoft licensing doesn’t cover it, Microsoft is currently offering a free 6-month O365 E1 trial to organizations in light of the COVID-19 pandemic. Contact HMB and we can help get you setup.
Securely Access Data Remotely
Moving your data to the cloud will aid remote workers in having access to the information they need to accomplish their jobs. However, you need to make sure that this data is protected.
HMB has a thorough security workshop that performs a deep dive discovery into the current owned licensing, usage of that licensing, and analysis of the configuration.
This workshop is completely free to qualified organizations.
Through the workshop, we will work with your organization to understand the business and the data that is sent throughout the system.
HMB will provide a report on the current findings, a demo of features that you will benefit from, a recommendation, and a roadmap to protect your data.